The sleek HTC Touch Pro 2 features a high-resolution 3.6-inch touchscreen display...
With the integrated GPS, you can load optional navigation software or use Google Maps to track your current location, view real-time traffic situations, receive detailed directions, or locate places of interest. Other features include a 3.2-megapixel camera with auto focus and video capture capabilities, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, Windows Media Player 10 for music and video playback, microSD memory expansion (up to 32 GB), easy synchronization with Microsoft Outlook, and up to 8.5 hours of talk time.
The HTC Touch Pro2 operates on GSM 850/900/1800/1900 networks and is compatible with T-Mobile's UMTS/HSDPA 3G network, which operates on the 1700/2100 MHz AWS spectrum. This phone is designed to automatically connect to the best available network (3G or GSM/GPRS/EDGE) to provide faster data speeds when accessing the Web or downloading content from the T-Mobile Web2go content portal. T-Mobile is currently rolling out its 3G network, and it expects by year's end that its high-speed data network will be available in those cities where a majority of its subscribers currently use data services.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the via T-Mobile's EDGE network (which stands for "Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution"). This high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology is fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services (with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps), including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go.
While this phone is optimized for use with T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network, many of its functions will also work well on the moderate-speed EDGE network. If you plan to access the Internet extensively on your phone, 3G network coverage may serve you best.
...that slides back and tilts up to reveal a full QWERTY keyboard, perfectly positioned for reading and creating e-mail.
The combination of the Windows Mobile 6.1 OS and HTC's TouchFLO 3D interface make navigating applications a breeze.
Capture images and videos on the go with the 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder, and send via e-mail or MMS messaging or upload to social networking sites.
- Email, instant messaging, and texting
- Downloading ringtones, CallerTunes, wallpaper, light data files
- Sending photographs via e-mail or picture messaging
- Viewing content-heavy websites (lots of images or videos playing)
- Viewing YouTube and other video files (they will play on EDGE, but require loading time)
- Uploading large files (photos, videos, presentations) to sharing websites
- Downloading large files from an e-mail or a website
The HTC Touch Pro2 offers an efficient way for you to manage your daily life, whether at work or play. Featuring a 3.6-inch color WVGA touchscreen (480 x 800 pixels, 65K colors) that slides back and tilts up to reveal a full QWERTY keyboard, the screen is perfectly positioned for reading and creating e-mail, browsing the Web, using Mobile Office applications, and playing videos and games.
With the TouchFLO 3D interface deeply integrated into a customized version of Windows Mobile 6.1, Windows Mobile applications and menus are consistently intuitive throughout, making it easy to view, edit and update Microsoft documents as well as access calendars and manage to-do lists. The Microsoft Voice Command also simplifies locating contacts in the address book, making phone calls, getting calendar information, playing music and starting programs.
A single contact view displays the individual conversation history regardless of whether voice, text or e-mail was used. The HTC Touch Pro2 also includes Straight Talk technology, an integrated e-mail, voice and speakerphone experience that provides a simple way to respond to e-mail via a call and allows organizing conference calls from group e-mail.. Simply place the phone face down on the table, and the asymmetric speakers and advanced noise suppression with full-duplex acoustics makes it easy to turn any location into a conference room.
This phone also provides Bluetooth wireless connectivity (version 2.0), and includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and file transfer. With the A2DP Bluetooth profile, you can stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones. Additionally, the Touch Pro2 includes integrated Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g), enabling you to connect to home and corporate wireless networks as well as hotspots in airports and coffee shops while on the go.
Other features include:
- Threaded text messaging you communicate in a conversational style by viewing both sent and received messages.
- 3.2-megapixel camera with autofocus, digital zoom, and panorama capture capabilities; video capture up to CIF resolution (352 x 288 pixels)
- Windows Media Player compatible with MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA, and WAV file formats
- 512 MB of ROM, 288 MB of RAM; microSD memory expansion using optional cards up to 32 GB in size
- Compatible with ActiveSync 4.5 and Windows Mobile Device Center
- Phone book capacity: up to 10,000 entries
- Mini USB connector with USB mass storage capabilities
- Voice dialing: Call someone with simple voice commands to keep your hands free for activities like driving.
The HTC Touch Pro2 weighs 6.6 ounces and measures 2.4 x 4.6 x 0.7 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-polymer battery is rated at up to 8.5 hours of GSM talk time (6.5 hours of 3G talk time), and up to 480 hours (20 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G network (1700/2100 MHz).
Powered by Windows Mobile 6.1
Microsoft's Windows Mobile 6.1 offers a number of handy features that make searching through e-mail, editing Microsoft Office documents, and staying on top of your most important communications even easier. Emails can now be viewed in their original rich HTML format and now offer the ability to visit embedded links. It also includes Windows Live for Windows Mobile, which provides a full set of Windows Live services, such as the Windows Live Messenger IM application, which now enables you to chat with more than one person at one time or send a file.
With Windows Mobile 6.1, your phone will finally be able to emulate the power and features of your PC's Microsoft Office suite. You'll be able to neatly view, navigate and edit Word documents and Excel spreadsheets in their original formatting--without affecting tables, images or text--as well as view PowerPoint presentations.
- Microsoft Office Word Mobile features include spell-check, Find and Replace commands, bulleted lists, text formatting, and support for tables for the first time.
- With Excel Mobile, you're not just confined to editing charts: with the new Chart Wizard you can create charts quickly and easily.
- PowerPoint Mobile allows you to view the full presentation, rehearse timings, check the order and any live links you may have in your presentation. You can then e-mail comments back to the team or communicate via MSN Messenger for an immediate response.
- After creating or editing a Word document or Excel spreadsheet, you can synchronize it with your PC and it will automatically be converted to the PC version.
All Windows Mobile 6.1 powered devices include Direct Push Technology for up-to-date e-mail delivery and automatic synchronization of Outlook calendars, tasks and contacts through Microsoft Exchange Server. It also offers a set of important device security and management features that include the capability to remotely wipe all data from a device should it be lost or stolen, helping ensure that confidential information remains that way.
This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.